As if I needed anything (yet again!) to be worried or bitch about--it's my job this time. We're broke as a joke..lol (I can laugh about it, at least for now) and if we don't get a cash infusion within 30 days, I'm betting my job is g-o-n-e.
So, on to happier notes!
Yesterday, my dad was able to get a 12 hour pass and leave rehab for a bit. He was glad to get out and get to come home, if only for a few hours. He also got to go out to eat for the first time in over a year last night--he chose Cracker Barrel. We ate lots of good food--yum. He's probably looking at at least one more week in rehab, or thereabouts. He is shooting to going back to work on April 5th, even if that is only on a part time basis. His sick time ran out on the 4th of March and currently he is on short term disability. FMLA runs concurrent with that--short term is 60% of his wages--and that will end on the 4th of April. At that point, they have zero income and quite honestly, that prompted him to get well and get going.
You know, we were told ahead of time (pre-transplant) that the medication that you are on for anti-rejection will cause personality changes as well as just having major surgery. That would be an understatement. He's not really the same person anymore. I noticed last night how jovial and chatty that my dad was--he's never been that way. He's always been quiet and has a dry wit. He was just.....chatty. That's the only word I can think of. It's strange, it's him..but it's not. Odd change to get used to....
Things have not changed with the friend situation from Thursday. Well, they have sort of. We are speaking again and at least on the surface things seem back to normal. However, underneath they are not--that is for me anyway. I think we're both just letting it go at this point because we don't want to fight--but I know it's coming. Things are not the same, even if we're both playing nice. And in a strange sort of way--I hope they don't go back to the same. I've said many, many times that he and I have our heads shoved up each others asses most of the time and that it's not healthy. We should have more outside interests than each other and have more of a life than each other. It may hurt--but we're better in the long run for it.
I know, I'm certifiable.
One Phat Grrl
onephatgrrl@yahoo.com

<< Home